Kate Lillis: PMA®-CPT, CMT
Kate grew up dancing, running, skiing, hiking and playing basketball in Colorado and ultimately became certified to teach Pilates upon moving to Chicago after college for dance. Since then, she has taught in studios, gyms, and physical therapy clinics in Denver, New York City, and Los Angeles. She has acquired additional certifications in children’s Yoga and adult Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and participates in regular Pilates, yoga and other movement and bodywork professional development. Kate studies and practices Neurokinetic Therapy and BioSomatic movement, which focus on the nervous system’s role in movement. Kate is especially passionate about working with pre- and post-natal clients and those with scoliosis. She is also a certified massage therapist.
Kate uses a combination of Pilates, yoga, MELT and BioSomatic movement to manage and thrive with her own scoliosis. Her active life includes a mix of Pilates, yoga, swimming and salsa dancing as well as hiking and traveling whenever possible with her husband, daughter (2 yrs) and new baby boy.
As owner of Colorado Active Pilates, Kate hopes to share movement that can heal and bring both mobility and stability. Whether your aim is to return to health, maintain wellness or maximize your physical fitness, Kate is committed to helping you reach your goals.
Kate’s Movement and Bodywork Education
- Power Pilates Comprehensive Certification 2006
- It’s Yoga Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Certification
- Karma Kids Yoga Certification
- PMA (Pilates Method Alliance) Certification
- The Vertical Workshop Pilates Teacher Intensive
- Massage Therapy Certified and Licensed
- NeuroKinetic Therapy Courses 1, 2 and 3
- BioSomatic Movement for Scoliosis
- MELT Method Hands and Feet
- ScoliMethod Training