Kate Lillis: PMA®-CPT, CMT
Kate grew up dancing, running, skiing, hiking and playing basketball in Colorado and ultimately became certified to teach Pilates upon moving to Chicago after college for dance. Since then, she has taught in studios, gyms, and physical therapy clinics in Denver, New York City, and Los Angeles. She has acquired additional certifications in children’s Yoga and adult Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and participates in regular Pilates professional development. Kate studies and practices Neurokinetic Therapy and BioSomatic movement, which focus on the brain’s role in establishing functional movement patterns. She is also a certified massage therapist.
Kate uses a combination of Pilates, yoga, MELT and BioSomatic movement to manage and thrive with her own scoliosis. Her active life includes a mix of Pilates, yoga, swimming, running and salsa dancing as well as hiking and traveling whenever possible with her husband, Mike.
As owner of Colorado Active Pilates, Kate hopes to share movement that can heal and bring both mobility and stability. Whether your aim is to return to health, maintain wellness or maximize your physical fitness, Kate is committed to helping you reach your goals.
Kate’s Movement Education
- Power Pilates Beginner Mat Certification 2005
- Power Pilates Intermediate Mat Certification 2005
- Power Pilates System Training Level 1 2005
- Power Pilates Comprehensive Certification 2006
- It’s Yoga Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Certification 2008
- Karma Kids Yoga Certification 2009
- PMA (Pilates Method Alliance) certification 2014
- The Vertical Workshop Pilates Teacher Intensive 2014-2015
- NeuroKinetic Therapy Level 2 Certified 2015
- BioSomatic Movement coursework 2015-2016